Periodically, we host special events that require a little more explanation than we can fit onto the calendar
. See below for more info on upcoming special events.
Heart-full Art -
At Artistic Abandon, we value the charitable organizations in our community that work every day to improve the lives of others, and we want to help in the effort. So, we donate 50% of the proceeds from any of our Heart-full Art events to a different charity each time. Know of a worthy local organization who could use our help? Please, pass our info on to them and have them contact us! No discounts, coupons or vouchers are accepted for Heart-full Art events. In addition, we sell our extra sample paintings for $25 and we choose someone from the Children's Organ Transplant Association's transplant list to recieve 50% of the proceeds from those painting sales.
We raised $4162 for COTA from our painting sales last year, and donated almost 10% of our gross income (not of our profits, of all income before any expenses are deducted) to local charities!
Musical Chairs Night
- Originated here at Artistic Abandon, in these classes, painters will switch to someone else's canvas every few steps. The painting you end on is the one you take home with you. This is a great team building event, and is really good for helping perfectionists learn to let go! This is also a great way to get attendees talking to each other, and help singles' groups interact, since you sit next to a new person each time you change canvases.
Black Light Night
- Also originated here at Artistic Abandon, in these classes you'll be painting with florescent paint that glows under the black light. Periodically throughout the class, we'll turn the overhead lights off and the black lights on to mark our progress. Groovy!
- Bring the whole family to paint on a pumpkin and display it for Halloween. We'll walk you step-by-step through decorating a pumpkin with paint, or just paint your own design. These classes run about an hour.
- At these events, each member of the couple paints a canvas that, when put next to the canvas painted by the other member of the couple, combines into one complete painting. Hang them together at home to impress your friends! When booking online for a Couples Night, please reserve 2 seats to indicate that you understand that it's a Couples Night.
Paint Your Own Pet Portrait
- Email us the image of your pet from which you want to work, and we'll presketch the canvas for you and help you choose your own colors. Choose traditional colors, or get creative like the painting above. One pet per canvas. No discounts, coupons, or vouchers are accepted for Pet Portrait classes.
Paint Your Partner and Paint Your Partner as a Zombie
- Sit across the table from your partner and paint their portrait. We'll teach you about face shape, hair, and skin color, and you can decide if you want your image to be a cartoon or like a Picasso painting. For Halloween, you can do the same thing, but a zombie version! Don't have a partner? Paint your own portrait!!
Paint Your Own House
- Email us the image of your house from which you want to work, and we'll presketch the canvas for you and help you choose your own colors. Choose traditional colors, or get creative. No discounts, coupons, or vouchers are accepted for Paint Your House classes.